Export in itself is a very wide concept and lot of preparations is required by an exporter before starting an export business. To start export business, the following steps may be followed:
1) Establishing an Organisation
To start the export business, first a sole Proprietary concern/ Partnership firm/Company has to be set up as per procedure with an attractive name and logo.
2) Opening a Bank Account
A current account with a Bank authorized to deal in Foreign Exchange should be opened.
3) Obtaining Permanent Account Number (PAN)
It is necessary for every exporter and importer to obtain a PAN from the Income Tax Department. (To apply PAN Card Click here)
4) Obtaining Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) Number
- As per the Foreign Trade Policy, it is mandatory to obtain IEC for export/import from India. Para 2.05 of the FTP, 2015-20 lays down the procedure to be followed for obtaining an IEC, which is PAN based.
- An application for IEC is filed online at www.dgft.gov.in as per ANF 2A, online payment of application fee of Rs. 500/- through net Banking or credit/debit card is made along with requisite documents as mentioned in the application form. (For more information Click here)
5) Registration cum membership certificate (RCMC)
For availing authorization to import/ export or any other benefit or concession under FTP 2015-20, as also to avail the services/ guidance, exporters are required to obtain RCMC granted by the concerned Export Promotion Councils/ FIEO/Commodity Boards/ Authorities.